Our Innovation Genome comprises of individual assessments against five predictive innovation competency sets to assist in the assembly of innovative teams.
What is the secret recipe and required attributes for a high performing innovative team?
Five predictive competency groups emerged from CEB’s extensive interviews with innovation executives and individual level assessments of 1,932 staff at 42 major companies across the globe:
- Championing the customer perspective in developing ideas and solutions
- Gathering comprehensive information to understand customer needs and Expectations
- Relating customer needs to relevant technologies
- Listening, consulting, handling objections convincingly and communicating proactively with others
- Building strong relationships with others
- Adapting communication style depending on the context and the audience
- Persisting to achieve personal and project goals
- Being prepared to put in the extra effort and hours to achieve an objective
- Seeing projects through to completion
- Monitoring progress against deadlines and milestones
- Deciding on a definite course of action
- Taking calculated risks rather than missing opportunities
- Staking personal reputation on ideas and projects he or she believes in
- Identifying common themes among multiple issues
- Pinpointing key information from a large amount of data
- Breaking information into parts, patterns, and relationships
- Challenging others’ assumptions
5 predictive characteristics of a successful innovation team
Application of the genome ensures your innovative teams consist of the right talent, resulting in the perfect alchemic conditions for high performing teams.